The team at Complete Function Hire have been a part of more wedding ceremonies and wedding receptions than we can count. Our team enjoy being part of ceremonies and wedding receptions at different venues, private homes and amazing locations all over Melbourne!
Having been a part of so many wedding receptions, our team have some great top tips on which songs are going to guarantee the dancefloor at your wedding is full all night long!
1. ‘Grease Mega mix’ – A classic way to start the proceedings, the Grease Mega mix is a combo of all the best tracks from the famous movie that all your guests will know off by heart.
2. ‘Dancing Queen’ or ‘Waterloo’ by ABBA. These famous dancefloor fillers are guaranteed to get the oldie’s (and the youngies!) moving.
3. ‘All Night Long’ by Lionel Richie. A wedding reception anthem that will get those final few guests onto the dancefloor.
4. ‘I Saw Her Standing There’ by The Beatles is a much-loved wedding reception anthem for both younger and older guests.
5. ‘Love Is the Air’ by John Paul Young – this song is a MUST for any good wedding reception playlist!
6. ‘Nutbush City Limits’ by Tina Turner. This song has its very own dance. Enough said!
7. ‘Gangnam Style’ by Psy. This super catchy Korean tune also has its own simple (and hilarious) dance moves that anyone can copy and that everyone seems to know!
8. ‘Billie Jean’ by Michael Jackson. The ultimate dance tune for any good party. Laugh as your family and friends try to moon walk the night away.
9. Anything by John Farnham – in particular ‘You’re the Voice’ and ‘Take the Pressure Down’
10. ‘New York, New York’ by Frank Sinatra. More often than not, this is the final song for the night and you can be guaranteed that your family and friends will all be singing along to this one (whilst begging the DJ to play one last song).
If you need help with planning your special day, the team at Complete Function Hire would love to talk CLICK HERE TO CONTACT.